Minimise the risk of thrombosis by following the subsequent points whilst flying:
- Wear travel stockings
- Avoid drinking alcohol
- Drink plenty of water, approximately half a litre every hour
- Perform leg exercises or walk around every 30 minutes
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Do not sit cross legged
New Zealand Aviation Security Guidelines:When departing New Zealand please comply with the following guidelines as set by New Zealand Aviation Security:
- All objects with a sharp point will need to be packed in your suitcase and NOT carried into the aeroplane. Items such as Knitting needles, scissors and blades of any description are considered potentially dangerous and should NOT be packed in hand luggage or carried on your person.
- Passengers may carry up to 5 litres of alcohol on the aircraft, (this depends upon the customs allowance of the country of destination).