JR/DUTY FREE NZ REWARDS PROGRAMME
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Instructions on how to participate and rewards form part of these Terms and Conditions. Individuals will be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon completing the JR/Duty Free rewards card application form available in New Zealand JR/Duty Free stores, or by sending an application online.
- Participation in this Programme is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- This Programme is not valid with any other discount card or voucher.
- The Program is conducted by James Richardson New Zealand Limited ("Promoter" Montgomerie Road, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand.
- The Programme is only available to individuals who have a current and valid JR/Duty Free rewards card ("Customers").
- The Programme commenced 16/11/09, and will continue until such time as the Programme is terminated by the Promoter in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to participate or claim. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- All currency valued in these Terms and Conditions are in New Zealand dollars (NZ).
- The Promoter's decision in relation to all matters arising under this Programme is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Individuals must have a current JR/Duty Free rewards card to claim points.
- Customers may apply for a JR/Duty Free rewards card in any store at the Auckland or Wellington Airport, Christchurch Airport, or online at www.jrdutyfree.co.nz/loyalty.
- JR/Duty Free rewards cards are not debit, credit or charge cards, are not transferable and remain the property of the Promoter.
- Membership may be cancelled/refused to individuals by the Promoter at its discretion, including but not limited to in the case that a membership is deemed to be fraudulent or if an individual is linked to a fraudulent membership. In this case all points will be cancelled.
- Points may only be earned on purchases made at JR/Duty Free Stores within New Zealand.
- In order to earn points Customers must: (a) Present their JR/Duty Free rewards card at the point of sale for swiping or scanning prior to the completed transaction; or (b) if the transaction takes place in a way which does not allow for the presentation of a JR/Duty Free rewards card (eg on-line or by phone), provide evidence of their JR/Duty Free rewards programme membership (eg by providing their membership number) at the time of the transaction.
- If the JR/Duty Free rewards card is not presented at the point of sale, or, in the case of transaction types identified in 15(b), if evidence of the JR/Duty Free rewards program membership is not provided at the time of the transaction, the Promoter is not obliged to issue points in relation to that transaction, but may do so in its discretion in certain circumstances.
- Customers will earn one (1) point for every whole dollar that they spend on goods from any JR/Duty Free within New Zealand or any Discover New Zealand store, using their JR/Duty Free rewards card (excluding purchases on electrical goods, watches and tobacco products).
- "Electrical goods" includes cameras, video cameras, audio equipment, gaming consoles and accessories for these products.
- Customers will earn one (1) point for every five whole dollars they spend on electrical goods.
- Points will not be rewarded for the purchase of tobacco or related products and watches.
- Any points earned with respect to a purchase which is subsequently returned for a refund or credit, or any cancelled transaction will become invalid and deducted from the relevant Customer's account. In the case of points earned with respect to a product which is subsequently exchanged for another product, the relevant Customer's account will be adjusted to reflect the number of points that would have accrued for the purchase of the alternative product.
- Points will be deducted if the points are deemed by The Promoter to be earned fraudulently.
- The Promoter will deduct from a Customers rewards programme account any points that have been credited to the Customer's programme account in error.
- Points are only recognised and available after they are successfully processed to a Customer's JR/Duty Free rewards programme account.
- Points and a Customer's rights under these Terms and Conditions cannot be sold, transferred or assigned except in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- For every 400 points earned in a 12 month continuous period a Customer will be able to redeem points to the value of a $50 credit.
- Points are non-transferable to any other party and are not redeemable for cash.
- Points are not property and have no cash or monetary value.
- JR/Duty Free $50 Credit may be redeemed at any JR/Duty Free within New Zealand and at any Discover New Zealand store. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the points are not included. Any unused balance of the $50 Credit will not be awarded as cash.
- JR/Duty Free $50 Credit may be redeemed on any product except for tobacco.
- If a Customer ceases to be eligible as a Customer for any reason, the Customer's account will be terminated and the Customer will not be entitled to redeem any unused points.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility of Customers, and to disqualify any Customer who tampers with the Programme. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Points expire twelve (12) months after they are earned. For the sake of clarity, points earned in November 2013 will expire in November 2014.
- Points are not transferable or exchangeable, cannot be shared with other Customers and cannot be taken as cash.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Programme, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (d) any account activation requests, orders, purchase data or reward that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (f) use of a reward.
- Any cost associated with accessing the JR/Duty Free rewards programme membership application website is the Customer's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Programme and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors and service providers. Participation is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Customer. Customers should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All registrations and reward claims become the property of the Promoter.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Programme.
- If this Programme is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Customer; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Programme, as appropriate.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, at any time: (a) change, amend or vary these Terms and Conditions; (b) change, amend, vary, withdraw or cancel the reward; (c) amend the value of points; (d) terminate the Programme; (e) exclude a Customer from participating in the Programme; and/or (f) cancel a Customer's account; without prior notice to a Customer and without liability.
- In the event that the Promoter terminated the Programme, any outstanding point will automatically expire upon termination of the Programme.
- The laws of New Zealand apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
- For any enquires regarding this Programme please call 0508 573 889, outside NZ is a toll call +64 9 2567 840.
- From time to time, JR/Duty Free run competitions and promotions open to JR/Rewards card members (in each case, a "Promotion"). The following terms apply to each Promotion unless specified otherwise and in addition to any other terms and conditions published in respect of the Promotion:
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash;
- Winners agree to the use of their name, image and photograph(s), by JR/Duty Free and/or the participating company running the Promotion (each a "Promoter"), for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and agree to make themselves reasonably available for publicity photographs. The Promoter will own copyright in any such images and photograph(s) and in all material incorporating the photograph(s);
- If for any reason a Promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion;
- Neither JR/Duty Free, the Promoter, nor any other person or party associated with the Promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss and including loss caused by negligence) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in the Promotion or the use of any prize offered, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law;
- Neither JR/Duty Free, the Promoter, nor any other person or party associated with the Promotion is responsible for errors resulting from computer hardware, software or telecommunications errors or failure, nor for fraud;
- The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspects of the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
Registration for new members
JR/Duty Free $50 Credit
Eligibility and Verification
Transferring and Substituting Points and Rewards
Competitions and Promotions